🍚 Authentic Kheer Recipe 🍮
You will need:
- 1/4 cup basmati rice
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- A handful of chopped nuts and dried fruits
- First, thoroughly rinse 1/4 cup of basmati rice under cold water. Continue this process until the water is clear, which ensures that the excess starch is removed.
- Next, in a large saucepan, heat 4 cups of milk over medium heat. Continue to stir occasionally to prevent the milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning.
- Once the milk has come to a boil, add the rinsed rice. Stir well to ensure the rice is evenly distributed.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer. Stir occasionally and continue to cook until the rice is soft and the milk is completely absorbed. This process may take up to 40-50 minutes.
- After the rice is cooked, add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder to the mixture. Stir well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Finally, garnish your kheer with a handful of your favorite chopped nuts and dried fruits before serving. This not only adds a nice crunch but also enhances the flavor of the kheer.
Kheer can be served warm or chilled, depending on your preference. It also thickens as it cools, so adjust the consistency by adding more milk if necessary.
Indulge in the rich and creamy flavors of Kheer, a traditional Indian rice pudding that will transport your taste buds to a world of sweetness. This delectable dessert is a must-try for anyone with a love for exotic flavors and a craving for something truly satisfying.
To create this delightful treat, you will need a few simple ingredients. Start with 1/4 cup of basmati rice, known for its fragrant aroma and delicate texture. Combine it with 4 cups of milk, creating a creamy base that will envelop every grain of rice. Add 1/2 cup of sugar to sweeten the mixture, and enhance the flavor with a touch of cardamom powder, giving the Kheer its distinct and aromatic taste. Finally, garnish your creation with a handful of chopped nuts and dried fruits, adding a delightful crunch and a burst of natural sweetness.
Now, let's dive into the process of making this heavenly dessert. Begin by rinsing the basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear. This step ensures that the rice cooks evenly and prevents any excess starch from clouding the Kheer. In a large saucepan, bring the milk to a gentle boil, allowing it to slowly heat up and infuse with the flavors of the rice. Once the milk is boiling, add the rinsed rice and reduce the heat to low. Let the mixture simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rice is soft and the milk is completely absorbed. The slow cooking process allows the rice to absorb the creamy goodness of the milk, resulting in a velvety texture that will melt in your mouth.
Once the rice is cooked to perfection, it's time to add the sugar and cardamom powder. Stir well to ensure that the sweetness is evenly distributed throughout the Kheer. The cardamom powder adds a subtle hint of warmth and fragrance, elevating the flavors to new heights. Now, it's time for the final touch - the garnish. Sprinkle a generous handful of chopped nuts and dried fruits over the Kheer, adding a delightful crunch and a burst of natural sweetness to each spoonful.
Kheer can be served warm or chilled, depending on your preference. If you choose to chill it, keep in mind that it will thicken as it cools. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk if necessary, ensuring that each bite is as creamy and luscious as can be.
So, whether you're looking to explore the vibrant world of Indian desserts or simply craving a comforting and indulgent treat, Kheer is the perfect choice. Its creamy texture, delicate flavors, and satisfying sweetness will leave you craving for more. Dive into the sweet sea of Kheer and let your taste buds embark on a truly delightful journey.