🍮 Gulab Jamun Recipe 🍮
Gulab Jamun Recipe
You will need:
- 1 cup milk powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water
- First, in a large bowl, combine 1 cup of milk powder, 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of ghee. Mix these ingredients well until they come together to form a soft dough.
- Next, take small portions of the dough and shape them into small, round balls. Ensure that there are no cracks on the surface of the balls.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and deep fry these balls on a low flame, until they turn golden brown. Be sure to keep turning the balls in the oil to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- While the balls are frying, prepare the syrup. In a separate pan, combine 1 cup of sugar and 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Stir continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder and 1/2 teaspoon of rose water to the boiling syrup. Stir well and turn off the heat.
- Finally, soak the fried balls in the warm syrup for a few hours until they absorb the syrup and become soft and juicy.
Ensure the balls are fried on a low flame to avoid them being raw on the inside. Also, the syrup should be warm when the balls are added to it for proper absorption.
Indulge in the rich and decadent flavors of Gulab Jamun, a beloved Indian dessert that will transport you to a world of sweetness and delight. This delightful treat is made with a few simple ingredients that come together to create a symphony of flavors and textures.
To make Gulab Jamun, you will need 1 cup of milk powder, 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of ghee, 1 cup of sugar, 2 cups of water, 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of rose water. These ingredients are readily available and can be found in most grocery stores.
To begin, mix the milk powder, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and ghee together to form a dough. This dough will be the base of our Gulab Jamun. Shape the dough into small balls and deep fry them until they turn a beautiful golden brown. The frying process adds a crispy texture to the outside while keeping the inside soft and moist.
While the Gulab Jamun balls are frying, prepare the syrup by boiling sugar and water together. This syrup will be infused with the aromatic flavors of cardamom powder and rose water, adding a delightful fragrance to the dessert. Once the balls are fried to perfection, soak them in the warm syrup for a few hours. This allows the Gulab Jamun to absorb the sweetness and flavors of the syrup, making each bite a burst of deliciousness.
When serving Gulab Jamun, it's important to note a couple of tips. Fry the balls on a low flame to ensure they are cooked evenly and not raw on the inside. Additionally, make sure the syrup is warm when adding the balls to it. This will ensure proper absorption and enhance the overall taste and texture of the dessert.
Gulab Jamun is best enjoyed warm, either on its own or paired with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The contrast between the warm, soft Gulab Jamun and the cold, creamy ice cream creates a heavenly combination that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
At Sweet Sea Man, we are passionate about bringing you the best desserts from around the world. Our blog is a treasure trove of dessert recipes, dessert table ideas, and sweet snacks that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Join us on this sweet journey and explore the wonders of the dessert world. Dive into the sweet sea with Sweet Sea Man!