🍰 Tres Leches Cake Recipe
Tres Leches Cake
You will need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 fluid ounces evaporated milk
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish, this will prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix these dry ingredients well to ensure an even distribution.
- Separate 5 large eggs. Beat the egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar on high speed until the yolks are pale yellow and doubled in volume. This process is important to achieve the light and airy texture of the cake.
- Stir in 1/3 cup whole milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract into the yolk mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and stir gently until combined. Be careful not to over mix as it can result in a dense cake.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until the egg whites are stiff but not dry. This will give the cake its characteristic fluffiness.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the batter very gently until just combined. Be sure not to over mix to keep the volume of the egg whites intact.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread to even out the surface. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely. This is crucial before adding the milk mixture to ensure it is fully absorbed.
- In a small pitcher, combine 12 fluid ounces evaporated milk, 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Stir until well combined.
- Pierce the cooled cake with a fork several times. Slowly pour the milk mixture over the cake, making sure to pour near the edges and all around.
- In a large bowl, whip 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream until thick. Add 1 tablespoon powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the soaked cake evenly. Your Tres Leches Cake is ready to serve!
This cake is best served chilled. You can also garnish it with some fresh fruits or coconut flakes for added flavor and texture.
Indulge in the rich and creamy goodness of Tres Leches Cake, a classic Mexican dessert that will transport your taste buds to dessert paradise. This moist and decadent cake is soaked in a trio of milks, creating a luscious texture that melts in your mouth. With its irresistible combination of flavors, Tres Leches Cake is sure to become a favorite in your dessert repertoire.
To make this delightful treat, you'll need a few simple ingredients. Start with 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. In a separate bowl, beat 5 large eggs with 3/4 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1/3 cup of whole milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the egg mixture, and then gently fold in the flour mixture.
Next, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, gradually adding the remaining sugar. Fold the fluffy egg whites into the batter, creating a light and airy texture. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Once the cake has cooled, it's time to drench it in the three milks that give this dessert its name. In a small pitcher, combine 12 fluid ounces of evaporated milk, 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk, and 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Pierce the cake all over with a fork, then slowly pour the milk mixture over the cake, allowing it to soak in.
To add the finishing touch, whip 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream with 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream evenly over the soaked cake, creating a velvety layer of sweetness. For an extra burst of flavor and texture, garnish the cake with fresh fruits or coconut flakes.
The result is a heavenly dessert that is best served chilled, allowing the flavors to meld together. Each bite of Tres Leches Cake is a delightful combination of moist cake, creamy milk, and fluffy whipped cream. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or simply satisfying your sweet tooth, this Mexican masterpiece is sure to impress.
At Sweet Sea Man, we're passionate about bringing you the best desserts from around the world. From Mexican Tres Leches Cake to Indian Gulab Jamun, our blog is a treasure trove of sweet treats that will satisfy any craving. Explore our collection of dessert recipes, dessert table ideas, and sweet snacks to embark on a delicious journey through the sweet sea. Join us and dive into a world of delectable desserts that will leave you craving for more.