🥭 Mango Sticky Rice Recipe 🍚
Mango Sticky Rice
You will need:
- 1 cup glutinous (sticky) rice
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- First, soak the glutinous rice in enough water to fully submerge it for a minimum of 1 hour. For best results, let it soak overnight.
- After soaking, drain the rice and steam it until it becomes tender. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- While the rice is steaming, combine coconut milk, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Stir it constantly and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the rice is cooked, add it to the boiling coconut milk mixture. Stir well to ensure that the rice absorbs the coconut milk and becomes sticky.
- To serve, place the sticky rice on a plate, add the mango slices on top or on the side, and sprinkle the dish with toasted sesame seeds for a bit of crunch and added flavor.
This dish is best enjoyed fresh. However, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to two days. Just make sure to warm it up before serving.
Indulge in the tropical flavors of Thailand with our irresistible Mango Sticky Rice recipe. This classic Thai dessert combines the sweetness of ripe mangoes with the creamy richness of coconut-infused sticky rice. It's a match made in dessert heaven!
To make this delightful treat, you'll need just a few simple ingredients. Start with 1 cup of glutinous (sticky) rice, which you'll soak for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight. This step ensures that the rice becomes tender and sticky when cooked. Next, drain the rice and steam it until it reaches the perfect level of tenderness.
In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of coconut milk, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Bring this mixture to a gentle boil, allowing the flavors to meld together. Once the coconut milk mixture is ready, add the cooked rice and stir well to coat every grain with the luscious coconut goodness.
Now comes the best part – serving the Mango Sticky Rice! Slice up a ripe mango and arrange the juicy pieces alongside the coconut-infused rice. For an extra touch of flavor and texture, sprinkle the dish with toasted sesame seeds. The nutty aroma and crunch of the sesame seeds elevate this dessert to new heights.
One of the best things about Mango Sticky Rice is that it's best enjoyed fresh. However, if you have any leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to two days. Just make sure to warm it up before serving to bring back that delightful creaminess.
This Thai dessert is a true crowd-pleaser, perfect for any occasion. Its vibrant colors and exotic flavors will transport you to the sunny beaches of Thailand with every bite. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or simply craving a sweet treat, Mango Sticky Rice is sure to impress.
At Sweet Sea Man, we're passionate about bringing you the best desserts from around the world. Our blog is a treasure trove of sweet inspiration, featuring recipes, dessert table ideas, and more. From Mexican churros to Indian gulab jamun, we've got you covered. Dive into the sweet sea with us and discover the world of delectable desserts!
So why wait? Gather your ingredients and embark on a culinary adventure with our Mango Sticky Rice recipe. Your taste buds will thank you, and your friends and family will be begging for seconds. Enjoy the tropical flavors and the sweet satisfaction of this Thai dessert. Happy cooking!