🍨 Kulfi (Indian Ice Cream) Recipe 🍨
Kulfi (Indian Ice Cream)
You will need:
- 4 cups of full-fat milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- A handful of chopped almonds and pistachios
- First, pour 4 cups of full-fat milk into a large, heavy-bottomed pan. Bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the milk starts boiling, add 1 cup of sugar. Stir continuously until the sugar completely dissolves into the milk.
- Next, add 1/2 cup of condensed milk to the pan. Keep stirring the mixture to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- After that, sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder. Mix it well into the milk mixture to evenly distribute the flavor.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Once cooled, carefully pour the mixture into kulfi moulds or popsicle moulds.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of chopped almonds and pistachios on top of each mould for added texture and flavor.
- Finally, place the moulds in the freezer. Let them freeze for about 6-8 hours, or until the kulfi is firm and fully set.
You can also add other flavors like saffron or rose water to your kulfi for a different taste. Make sure to stir the mixture continuously while cooking to prevent it from burning.
Indulge in the rich and creamy flavors of India with our delicious Kulfi recipe. Kulfi, also known as Indian ice cream, is a popular frozen dessert that will transport your taste buds to the streets of Mumbai. Made with simple ingredients like full-fat milk, sugar, condensed milk, and cardamom powder, this frozen treat is easy to make and bursting with flavor.
To make this delightful dessert, start by boiling 4 cups of full-fat milk in a large pan. As the milk simmers, the aroma will fill your kitchen, creating an irresistible anticipation. Next, add 1 cup of sugar and stir until it dissolves completely. The sweetness of the sugar will balance the richness of the milk, creating a harmonious blend of flavors.
Once the sugar has dissolved, add 1/2 cup of condensed milk to the pan and continue stirring. The condensed milk adds a luscious creaminess to the kulfi, making it even more indulgent. To enhance the flavor profile, sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder and mix well. The aromatic cardamom will infuse the dessert with its unique and exotic essence.
Now, remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool. As the kulfi cools, the flavors will meld together, creating a tantalizing symphony of taste. Pour the mixture into kulfi molds, allowing the dessert to take shape. For an added touch of elegance, sprinkle a handful of chopped almonds and pistachios on top. The nuts will provide a delightful crunch and a burst of flavor with every bite.
Finally, place the kulfi molds in the freezer for 6-8 hours or until firm. The anticipation will build as you wait for the kulfi to freeze, but trust us, it will be worth it. Once the kulfi is ready, remove it from the molds and savor the creamy goodness. The cool and refreshing texture of the kulfi will melt in your mouth, leaving you craving for more.
Feel free to experiment with different flavors like saffron or rose water to create your own unique twist on this classic dessert. Just remember to stir the mixture continuously while cooking to prevent it from burning and to achieve the perfect consistency.
So why wait? Dive into the sweet sea of Indian flavors and treat yourself to a delightful bowl of homemade Kulfi. With its creamy texture, aromatic spices, and nutty crunch, this frozen dessert is sure to become a favorite in your household. Enjoy the taste of India right in your own kitchen with our easy and delicious Kulfi recipe.